Criteria when applying for a grant from
The William Barry Trust
The Scholarship is intended for Foundation courses or BA courses and not for Post Graduate or PhD courses.
1. Grants of up to £1,000 are awarded per student per year.
2. You must be over the age of 16.
3. You must be studying or intend to enrol on a vocational type course. For example, courses covering catering, nursing, arts, mechanical, electrical and plumbing.
4. You must be studying or intend to study at a UK based education facility.
5. The William Barry Trust does not discriminate in any way against any individuals whatever their background. You may apply regardless of your gender, gender identity, disability, ethnicity, height, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, skin color or weight.
6. You must send a self-written introductory letter explaining
a. Why you are applying for your particular course
b. What you hope to achieve and how a grant from The William Barry Trust might help you
c. How you intend to fund the remaining costs
7. Proof of enrolment (on a vocational course at a UK Based facility) will be required during the award process.