Criteria when applying for a grant from
The William Barry Trust
The Scholarship is intended for Foundation courses or BA courses and not for Post Graduate or PhD courses.
1. Grants of up to £1,000 are awarded per student per lifetime – you will not be eligible for further grants.
2. Grants will ONLY be awarded for a student on a Foundation course or a first BA Degree course. No grants will be awarded for students on a second Degree, Post Graduate, Master’s Degree or PhD course.
3. You must be over the age of 16.
4. You must already be enrolled on a vocational type course with a written confirmation - not just have a conditional offer.
5. You must be enrolled at a UK based education facility.
6. The William Barry Trust does not discriminate in any way against any individuals whatever their background. You may apply regardless of your gender, gender identity, disability, ethnicity, height, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, skin color or weight.
7. You must send a self-written introductory letter explaining
a. Why you are applying for your particular course
b. What you hope to achieve and how a grant from The William Barry Trust might help you
c. How you intend to fund the remaining costs
8. Proof of enrolment (on a vocational course at a UK Based facility) will be required during the award process
9. The closing date for applications is 31st December for the academic year which started the previous September.